The ADEQ Hazardous Waste Division
- Implements Arkansas' Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Subtitle C waste management program governing the management and disposition of hazardous wastes, used oils, and universal wastes.
- Implements the state's cleanup program for abandoned hazardous waste sites in cooperation with EPA's Superfund program.
- Administers the State's hazardous waste program under the authority of the Arkansas Hazardous Waste Management Act (Ark. Code, Ann Sects. 8-7-202 et seq.).
- Administers the hazardous site clean-up program under authority of the Remedial Action Trust Fund Act (Ark. Code, Ann Sects. 8-7-501 et seq.).
- The Division has received delegation of the federal RCRA hazardous waste management program from EPA. State and federal hazardous waste management regulations and requirements are merged into a single reference document, Arkansas Pollution Control and Ecology Commission Regulation 23.
Hazardous Waste (HW) Management
Regulations, Policies, & Guidance
- Guidance Documents
Permits & Certifications
Compliance & Enforcement
Lists & Databases
The Hazardous Waste Division strives to enhance and protect health and the environment
by the safe management of hazardous wastes and substances through a program of:
- Compliance monitoring and enforcement,
- Site remediation, and
- Encouraging waste minimization and pollution prevention
for the benefit of all Arkansans.